1. The Great Ecstasy of the Woodcarver Steiner (1974), La Soufrière (1977), and The Dark Glow of the Mountains (1984), all directed by Werner Herzog, plus Herzog on Herzog, ed. Paul Cronin
2. Destroyer, Il Motore, February 7, 2014
3. Grand Budapest Hotel birthday dinner, featuring Hungarian goulash, Hungarian home fries, roasted carrots, salad, sausage, cheese, and Sour Cherry Torte
4. sweet memories of Charleston
5. Tim Hecker, Virgins (Kranky)
sample track: "Amps, Drugs, Harmonium"
6. the pleasures of cucina povera
7. Rebecca Solnit, The Faraway Nearby (Viking)
8. The Incredible String Band, Earthspan (Reprise)
sample track: "Sunday Song"
9. ongoing experiments with whole wheat and rye
10. The Clock (2010), dir. Marclay, Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal