Monday, October 31, 2011

Grand Opening!

still life with oysters


FOODLAB
Grand Opening!
5 à Huitres


The Société des arts technologiques,
the FOODLAB's coordinator (Frédéric Gauthier),
and its chefs (Seth Gabrielse and Michelle Marek),
cordially invite you to

the FOODLAB's Grand Opening

Thursday, November 3, 2011
17:00 - 22:00
1201 St-Laurent Boulevard
Sensorium Level
 $20 prix fixe
(half a dozen oysters + one glass of wine)

Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5, 2011
multi-course oyster menu
($6 per plate)

6 comments:

Samesame said...

Could you explain a bit more as what FOODLAB is? is it a restaurant? or an event? when it says 20$ prix fixe, it is a pre-set courses meal? or is it the oyster + wine? will there be anything else to eat? etc... Sorry I've never heard of FOODLAB before and I'm really intrigue :)

aj kinik said...

Hi, SS,
Check out Bartek Komorowski's preview of the Foodlab in the Mirror. You can find a link directly below this post.

michelle said...

The $20 includes 6 oysters and a glass of wine. It is an apero, rather than a sit down meal. For the grand opening, that is all that will be available.

Samesame said...

Thank you! I clicked the link after I posted my comment. The reply of michelle was also a nice addition. Thanks for the quick respond.

RAnnieB said...

Congratulations Michelle! I just read about FoodLab as I hadn't been here in a couple of months (that'll teach me). It's very creative and exciting. I'm sorry I missed the first event (I love oysters). I will definitely go pay you a visit in the coming weeks.
I wish you great success in this venture.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on this, sounds amazing!

I am starting to get really excited about making AEB pumpkin pie again. I'm going to try a butter & lard crust this year just because, but I wouldn't dream of screwing with the filling.