Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Return of Švestka

svestka

Expozine, Montreal's premier small-press, comic and zine fair, is celebrating its 5th anniversary this Saturday, and that means Švestka Preserves Inc. is back in action! We'll be selling all your old Švestka favorites, including the one, the only pear-vanilla-bourbon butter, oignons confits (a.k.a. the opiate of the masses), and our infamous golden pear chutney, as well as some actual printed matter for the very first time. That's right, endless banqueteers, this year you'll be able to see and purchase the fruit of the "...an endless banquet" printing office's labors, including our very first "...an endless banquet" book (!) (okay, chapbook, really), when you pop by to say hello or stock up on preserves.

Come visit the "...an endless banquet" mobile unit in the basement of 5035 St. Dominique from 11 am till 6 pm.

For more information, check out our friends at Expozine here.

For a map, go here.

aj

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to decide whether I should go and buy ONE teaspoon of mustard seeds and ONE pinch ground cloves just to make the chutney, but I guess I have a better alternative now :D

I can't wait to get some of the infamous oignons confits, too... Hopefully I'll be able to go this time!

Anonymous said...

love the plum logo!

Anonymous said...

for those of us not able to make it to montreal, do you do mail order for your lovely preserves? and what about the chapbook?

my email is amy.rose@elf.mcgill.ca

aj kinik said...

hi guys, thanks for commenting...

Hope to see you there, chokorate--the infamous oignons confits await you...

Thanks, michel, glad you like it--hell, glad you were able to decipher it

Hi, amy dawn rose, we've never done any mail order on our preserves, but I could look into the cost if you like. We'd be happy to send along the chapbook, though. I'll drop you a line.

Anyone else who's interested in mail ordering a chapbook or some preserves from us, feel free to contact me directly: anthony.kinik@mail.mcgill.ca

Anonymous said...

How much will the chapbook be??

aj kinik said...

Hi Haley,
$5.00.
Hope to see you there.

sfllaw said...

I'm the photographer that stopped by and said hello.

Your onion confit still lingers in my memory. It's that good.

I hope to see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you guys know that I bought a Retro D'or baguette from Amour du Pain yesterday, so I've decided to try out your oigons confits (cause imo, regular jam would be an insult to the baguette) RIGHT AFTER LUNCH. I just wanted a bite... but ended up eating 3/4 of the baguette and half the jar! I was originally a bit skeptic about it, but.... wow. I also opened up the jar of pear chutney because I just HAD to try it after the oignons confits (though it's not as spectacular as the oignons). Needless to say, I didn't eat anything for the rest of the day!

I thought I saw the oignons recipe in your chapbook (that's why I bought it), but it's not in there. I'll be moving soon and don't think I can make it for your future preserves sales, so I was wondering if you guys could share the recipe?

Thanks for your wonderful preserves! :D