Thursday, April 07, 2005

Oops, I did it again


Carrot Cake
Originally uploaded by michelle1975.



Today was Anthony's birthday and I thought I was being so clever by picking up on the many not-so-subtle (to me) hints that he wanted a carrot cake for his birthday. I secretly baked the thing and kept it hidden until I presented it, giddy with pride. He looked at it and said, "Carrot cake? Weird." Apparently he wasn't hinting at all, and had no desire to have a carrot cake, especially since he'd just had one at a restaurant a few days earlier.

This whole fiasco reminded me of a few Christmases ago when I was so "sure" he wanted a cordless drill, and when I gave it to him he was underwhelmed, if not baffled. The fact that my dad has had it on loan since last summer only adds to the hilarity of it all...

m

2 comments:

aj kinik said...

Wow, I come off as a real ingrate in this one. For the record:
1. I did just have carrot cake a few days earlier (at Rotisserie Laurier)
2. I definitely didn't hint that I wanted carrot cake for my birthday cake
3. Michelle's carrot cake was and is amazing (I just had another piece for kaffee und kuchen)
4. I haven't used my drill in about 2 years and I haven't seen it in at least a year and a half

Oblivia said...

Hahahahhahah! You crazy kids just kill me. This is a wonderful breakfast story...rather, "kaffee und toast" story.