Thursday, April 28, 2005

Alain Ducasse's Big Book of Desserts




I know my birthday is long gone and I got ridiculously spoiled because it was my 30th birthday and all, but this book is too good to let it just pass through my hands... Any takers?

With a price tag over $0.50 a page (times 538!), it's a bit on the exorbitant side, but it might just be worth it.

Patrice lent me this book 2 weeks ago and I've been trying to read it as slowly as possible so it will never end. This hasn't been easy. It's a bit of a page-turner.

It's had me mesmerized. I just curl up with it and the hours while away. I flip a page and a whole world of ideas opens up. I've been jotting notes down like crazy.

I wouldn't say this is essential for the home cook, but for anyone who's a professional, or who's interested in becoming one, Ducasse's work is a font of inspiration.

m

No comments: